So I'm behind on blogging. The good news is, when it happens (and I don't think it happens too often), there aren't many people who notice. :)
My excuses are as follows:
1) We have been insanely busy.
2) Most of the activities which have kept us so busy have also resulted in numerous pictures. The thought of uploading mass quantities of photos at an excruciatingly slow rate of 5 pics at a time requires more patience and time than I've had during the moments I've considered blogging.
3) I fell so behind that I didn't even know where to begin. Feeling overwhelmed, I decided to do nothing.
And there you have it.
I suppose the easiest way to get things moving again is to tell you what we've been up to, and catch up on a few activities from MAY (Yes- last month) I never blogged about. Don't even expect pictures from our two trips to the beach in one month to show up on here. Those pics need their own separate post.
As my sister so eloquently stated over the weekend: some people just shouldn't blog. Apparently I am one of them.
Prepare yourself for the most random post ever.
And without further ado...
...we've spent some time at our neighborhood playground.
Jacob proudly (and cautiously) descending the fireman's pole all by himself!
"I do NOT understand the appeal of these contraptions."
"OK...maybe it's not so bad, after all. Jacob seems to love it."
We shucked some corn with Grandmom. Who doesn't love a good corn shucking?
We managed to multi-task, not only shucking corn, but also dancing and celebrating Jeff's birthday with his family.
When an attempt at a perfectly posed photo of 2 little boys smiling lovingly with their father, the birthday boy, doesn't quite work out as planned...

...just go with a "capture the moment" shot. And I think this one's sweet, even if it wasn't what I had in mind.
Jeff's sneaky plan to take a nice, relaxing nap was foiled after only 10 minutes.
Later in May, it was time to celebrate my dad's (aka Pop Pop) birthday. His birthday celebration coincided with the grand opening of my parents' pool. As you'll see, the boys had no fun at all.
<

Swimming on his own. And holding his breath, of course.

When he volunteered his head, maybe Pop Pop thought Alex wouldn't take him up on his offer. Lesson learned. Well, maybe not, since it happened twice.
Pool snorkeling.
The water guns were just as big of a hit as they were last year. And unfortunately for the rest of us, Jacob has remarkably good aim.
He snuck up on Aunt Kerri and initiated a stealth attack.
Happy Birthday to Pop Pop!
On rainy days, we've had fun indoors with cars, Transformers, Spiderman, puzzles, coloring, drawing, Play-Doh, dance parties, etc. etc. During one of those days, Jacob called out to me, "Mommy, look! I skiing!"
I love a child's imagination.
We spent a day with Nan & Pop Pop. A jam session was in order. It's pretty cool having a Pop Pop who's just as into music as you are. (Not to mention, a mommy, daddy, and Uncle Chris too.)
Hard to tell who was having the most fun. I think I declared it a 3-way tie.
Alex made silly faces like this.
Which made Jacob laugh hysterically. Both boys love making others laugh.

And of course, there was some snuggling with Nan...
and racing with Pop Pop.
Then we visited a playground near Nan & Pop Pop's house. All in all, a very fun day that did an excellent job of wearing everyone out.

Told you it was random.

1 comment:
HAHA, I was not referring to you when I said some people shouldn't blog and you know that! But I have been anxiously awaiting an update for a while now. I get impatient, you know. :) You're allowed to have a really random post as long as there are lots of cute pictures of my nephews involved.
Post a Comment