Thursday, August 14, 2008

Numbers

I did some counting today.

The number of...

times Jacob pooped in the potty: 0

times Jacob pooped in his diaper: 1

accidents Jacob had in his diaper: 1

accidents Jacob had in big boy underwear: 1 (that's fun to clean up)

times Alex put Hailey's food in his mouth: 2

actual dog food kibbles chewed & sucked on: 6

times Alex turned the bath water on: 7

times Alex tried to pull the keys from the laptop off (I call him the Keyboard Bandit. I don't even know if I could pull the keys off if I tried, yet he does it so effortlessly.): 5

times Alex succeeded in pulling keys off & put them in his mouth: 2

laptop keys in his mouth at one time: 3 (and 1 in his hand just waiting to be added)

times I had to threaten Time Out for Jacob: 4

actual Time Outs: 1

tissues Alex nibbled on: 1

injuries I sustained from interacting with the boys: 2 (1 bloody lip & surely yet another bruise on my leg- how can a 1 year old & a 3 year old be so strong?)

times I had to tell Alex "No!" when he was approaching Hailey's food & water bowls: at least 15
(On a side note, as exasperating as it is to repeat myself over & over, it is quite humorous to watch Alex do a quick U-Turn when he knows he's been caught. My favorite is when he quickly detours to the right and acts like I've wrongfully accused him.
"What? I'm not getting into Hailey's food! Heavens, no. That's DOG food. I'm just going to stand here by this chair for a little while & take a breather. Go on about your business, Mother. I'm just watching the bowls."

cute comments from jacob: several.
Alex was trying to take my bottle of Coke, and I told him, "Alex, Coke isn't for babies. Sorry, buddy."
And Jacob chimes in with, "Yea, Alex. Cokes are for mommies & Jacobs."

sweet hugs & kisses: lost count

times I thought how cute & funny my boys are: Lots

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

coke is only for mommies & jacobs?! you couldn't make this stuff up!

by the way, we almost called jacob to tell him that Chevy's name is Chevy Wayne Higdon, jun-iorrrrr(since Wayne is GD's middle name).

We were watching something on tv Wednesday night and Nani asked us if Chevy had a middle name. :-)

i'd have a hard time picking a favorite, maybe the sleeping ones cause they look so worn out and contented & i know you were really on hte interstate driving when you took those. l, gm

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.