Thursday, July 8, 2010

Miscommunication

For the past couple of weeks, the members of our household have been passing along cold symptoms. It started with Jacob, then Jeff, then me, and now Alex's nose has begun to run. Lectures from me about spreading germs, along with lots of luck, have (so far) prevented Will from catching it next. I can't count the number of times I've told the boys, "Let's not get in Will's face because you have germs."

This afternoon, the heat and way too much sugary juice led to some *interesting* poop from Alex. As soon as I finished wiping him, he headed right over to Will, leaning in to kiss him on the cheek.

Me: "Alex, honey, you can kiss Will on the top of his head, but let's not get in his face when you have snot and diarrhea."

Alex: (backs away and looks at me, confused) "But I don't have diarrhea on my face."

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I just can't argue with that logic.

Tina said...

Poor Alex. He loves Will so much. It's hard to understand the germ thing at that age.